Escape from Alcatraz

Kier Bear decided to take a little detour to America whilst on the way over from China to the UK for this year’s Integrating Infrastructure Challenge. Deepham’s Phil Hobson was there to meet him and Kier Bear decided to hang around to support Phil whilst he took part in an Iron Man competition.

Unfortunately Kier Bear ended up in a spot of trouble at Alcatraz but we are pleased to report that all is well and our intrepid adventurer has arrived safely in the UK.

Read on for further details:



I was having a great time sightseeing in San Francisco…

until I was picked up by a local cop for Jay walking …

taken to Alcatraz …

and thrown in the ‘slammer’…

Luckily a nice construction worker took pity on me and helped me escape…


so I snuck onto the ferry…

stowed away to the mainland… and left San Francisco for good

I made my way down to Nevada, where I  indulged my passion for Civil Engineering...

then headed on to Las Vegas where I made some new friends and hit the jackpot.

It was time to fly to start my journey round the UK

It’s a hard life being a bear!
Well done to Phil Hobson for completing the Triathlon, even if he had little support from our mascot!